The end is upon me. I have been back in the UK now for two days. Just wanted to end this series of blogs with a few reflections.
I never thought I would go travelling again, so I feel I deserve to pat myself on my back for all that I achieved during my time away.
- I travelled for many weeks completely by myself
- I planned and organised the whole trip myself
- I drove the entire way around New Zealand single-handed
- I crossed continental US
- I returned back to where I used to live in Melbourne, Australia
- I caught up with lots of good friends
- I felt the fear and did it anyway.
It wasn’t always easy. Far from it. I did not take well to hostel life, which made the trip more expensive. I found eating healthy vegetarian food challenging at times. I felt lonely at times. But I also had some wonderful experiences.
- I delighted in the unbelievable beauty of the Coromandel Peninsula in New Zealand
- I was heartened by the resilience of the earthquake-stricken people of Christchurch
- I retraced my steps through beautiful Melbourne
- I made Laguna Beach and Orange County my second home
- I was blown away by the sights and sounds of New Orleans
- I was fascinated by the museums and galleries of Washington DC.
Anyone who has been travelling will always tell you coming home is hard. And it is. But I would not have changed it for a thing. YOLO as the youngsters say…..
Here are a few of my favourite photos from my trip.